3 Ways to Make Vegan Date BallsPrint
- About 25 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, plus a small amount for coating
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Crushed peanuts, for coating
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Shredded coconut, for coating
- Combine the pitted dates and hot water in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the chopped walnuts and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide evenly among 3 bowls. Add 2 tablespoonfuls of cocoa powder to the first bowl, form bite-size balls, and roll in the remaining cocoa powder.
- Add the peanut butter to the second bowl, form bite-size balls, and roll in crushed peanuts.
- Add the almond extract to the remaining bowl, form bite-size balls, and roll in shredded coconut.
Makes approximately 25 date balls