Vegan Chicken ParmesanPrint
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegan egg replacer equivalent to 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 vegan chicken cutlets (try Gardein Chick'n Scallopini or Quorn Chik'n Cutlets)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Vegan mozzarella cheese shreds, to taste
- Vegan Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Fill one mixing bowl with the flour, another with the vegan egg mixture, and a third with the bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- Coat each vegan chicken cutlet in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip into the vegan egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a deep skillet. Fry the breaded cutlets until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Spread 1 cupful of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a baking dish. Lay the cutlets in the dish and top with the remaining sauce and vegan mozzarella, to taste, and bake at 350°F until the “cheese” is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the vegan Parmesan and parsley, if using, and serve immediately.