3 1/2 cups macaroni noodles (uncooked)
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup flour
3 1/2 cups boiling water
1 1/2 tsp. salt (3/4 tsp. salt for less salty taste)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup oil
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 pkg. Boca Burger crumbles
Paprika, as desired
• Cook the macaroni and set it aside.
• In a saucepan, melt the margarine over low heat. Mix in the flour with a whisk and continue whisking over a medium flame until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
• Stir in the boiling water, salt, soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric. Stir well to dissolve the flour mixture and cook until it thickens and bubbles. Add the oil and nutritional yeast.
• Heat the Boca crumbles in a frying pan.
• Mix part of the sauce with the noodles, put in a casserole dish and pour a generous amount of sauce on top, mixing together and adding Boca crumbles.
• Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 15 minutes at 350ºF.
Makes 4 servings