Vegan Banana BreadPrint
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp. water
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/6 cup canola oil
- 1/6 cup applesauce (preferably unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or any other flour)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small cup or bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with the water. Stir well, then cover and refrigerate for about an hour. Remove from the fridge, then stir well again.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, oil, applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla. Add the flaxseed mixture. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients. Stir until completely combined.
- Grease an 8-inch-by-4-inch pan with cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the pan so that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Cooking time can vary from oven to oven, so check on the bread at 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf―if it comes out clean, the banana bread is done.
Makes 1 loaf