Vegan 4th of July Recipe: Red, White, and Blue Rice Crispy TreatsPrint
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 5 cups vegan marshmallows
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- Vegan red and blue food coloring
- White vegan frosting (optional)
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of the vegan butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add 2 cups of the vegan marshmallows and stir until melted. Stir in 2 cups of the cereal. Press into half of a greased 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish lengthwise.
- In the same pot, melt 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of the vegan butter over medium-low heat. Add 2 cups vegan marshmallows and stir until melted. Add the red food coloring until the marshmallow mixture is bright red, then stir in 2 cups of the cereal. Press into the other half of the dish.
- Wash the pot out, then add the remaining vegan butter and melt over medium-low heat. Add the remaining vegan marshmallows and stir until melted. Add the blue food coloring until the marshmallow mixture is bright blue, then stir in the remaining cereal. Press into a greased 3-inch-by-3-inch square baking dish.
- Cut the red and white sections in half lengthwise. Take each piece out and place back in the dish, alternating red and white to create stripes. Remove the blue rice crispy piece from the small baking dish. With the large baking dish positioned horizontally, cut a 3-inch-by-3-inch square out of the top left corner and place the blue rice crispy piece in the hole.
- Pipe white frosting in the shape of stars on top of the blue section.
Makes 24 servings