1 onion, diced
1/4 red pepper, diced
1 celery stalk
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. thyme
Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
1 tsp. paprika
Extra virgin olive oil for sautéing
2 slices vegan buttered toast, cut into cubes
6 portobellos, washed and de-stemmed
Vegan Parmesan cheese for garnish
• Sauté all the ingredients, except the toast, portobellos, and “cheese,” in the olive oil until the onions are transparent.
• Mix with the bread to create a stuffing and set aside.
• Place the mushrooms, underside up, on an oiled baking sheet and fill with the stuffing.
• Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
• Top with the vegan Parmesan and enjoy!
Makes 4 to 6 servings