Wild Mushroom RisottoPrint
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 lb. assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, hen of the woods, and oysters, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until slightly soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is creamy and bubbly, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and green onions. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.