Tomato and Hot Pepper SalsaPrint
- 2-3 medium-size fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, de-ribbed, and finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, or to taste, seeded, de-ribbed, and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 tsp. ground toasted cumin seeds, or to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired. Let sit for 1 hour before serving.
Makes 3 to 4 cupsAdapted from The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour by John Schlimm. Suggested beer pairings: pale lager, American wheat ale, or an amber lager.