1 1/4 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups textured vegetable protein (TVP)
9-10 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb. firm tofu
2 cups fresh spinach, packed
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp salt
• In a medium bowl, pour the boiling water over the TVP, stirring well to moisten. Cover with an inverted plate and let sit for 15 minutes.
• Place the TVP and remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until very fine (you may need to work in batches).
• Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form into balls.
• Place on a greased, parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten to form patties of your desired thickness.
• Bake in a 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
• Using a spatula, turn the patties over and return to the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve on a bun with your favorite burger condiments.
Makes 6 servings