2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
1/4 tsp. fenugreek seeds (optional)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 green chili, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp. grated ginger
Pinch turmeric powder
1/3 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. sugar
Salt, to taste
Fresh coriander, chopped
• Heat the oil. Pop the mustard, cumin, and fenugreek seeds in it.
• Add the garlic, green chili, and chopped tomatoes.<br. • Stir and add the ginger and turmeric powder.
• Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add the chili powder, sugar, and salt and stir well.
• Transfer to a blender and blend the mixture to a smooth paste.
• Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the chopped coriander.
• Serve at room temperature