Tom Yam (Spicy Thai Soup)Print
- 4 cups water
- 2 stems lemon grass, cut into small pieces
- 5 thin slices galangal (baby ginger)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 fresh lime leaves, torn
- 3-4 Thai hot chilies, crushed
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup halved button mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped tofu
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- 8 oz. flat rice noodles (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the lemon grass, galangal, shallots, lime leaves, chilies, lime juice, mushrooms, tofu, and noodles. Season with the salt to taste.
- Top with the coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings