1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 block tofu, pressed and cubed
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups cooked rice
Chili-Mint Sauce, to taste (see recipe below)
• Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
• Add the garlic, tofu, pepper, and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and sauté until the tofu is browned. Season with the salt and pepper.
• Serve over the rice with the Chili-Mint Sauce.
For the Chili-Mint Sauce:
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped*
1 garlic clove
2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar, plus more as needed
• Place the sugar and salt in a food processor. With the motor running, add the ginger, jalapeño pepper, and garlic. Process until minced.
• Add the mint and vinegar, pulsing until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the processing bowl as needed. Add more rice wine vinegar if too thick.
Makes 4 servings
*Note: For a milder sauce, deseed the pepper.