1 16-oz. container firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed
2 tsp. olive oil, plus more to lightly coat the skillet
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 tsp. granulated onion
1 small onion, sliced
Sliced mushrooms, to taste
1 garlic clove
Ground white pepper, to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
• Gently squeeze the tofu to extract excess water. Blot dry with paper towels.
• Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, adding a little olive oil to lightly coat the bottom.
• Break the tofu into pieces and place in the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden.
• Stir in the nutritional yeast flakes and the granulated onion, coating the tofu well.
• Add the 2 tsp. of olive oil, along with the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender.
• Sprinkle with the white pepper and drizzle with the Braggs or soy sauce, stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
• Remove from the heat. Serve warm with toasted bread, if desired.
Makes 3 to 4 servings