2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup margarine (2 sticks), softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup prepared egg replacer or 1/2 cup soft silken tofu
2 cups strong coffee
6 cups nondairy whipped cream (try Rich’s at Richs.com), whipped according to package directions, adding 2 Tbsp. amaretto or Frangelico in the last 30 seconds of mixing
2 cups strawberries and bananas, sliced
Bittersweet chocolate shavings or cocoa powder
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
• In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
• In a separate bowl, combine the margarine, vanilla, salt, and egg replacer or tofu, then add the margarine mixture to the flour mixture and blend thoroughly with an electric mixer.
• Spread this mixture on a greased and floured 11-inch-by-17-inch baking sheet or jellyroll pan and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into “fingers.”
• Dip the cake “fingers” into the coffee and lay several in the bottom of four individual glass serving bowls. Top them with sliced fruit and a dollop of the whipped topping. Repeat these layers twice more, ending with whipped topping. Garnish each with the bittersweet chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.
• Cover the tiramisu dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Makes 4 servings