Thai-Inspired ‘Shrimp’ SoupPrint
- 4 cups vegan chicken broth
- 12 vegan shrimp, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemongrass, minced
- 8 leaves fresh Thai basil, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
• In a medium pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the “shrimp,” zucchini, green onion, ginger, lemongrass, basil, and crushed red pepper then return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
• Add the coconut milk and heat through. Do not boil. Serve warm.
Makes 4-6 servings