- For the Salad:
- 1 cup organic quinoa or bulgar wheat, soaked in filtered water for 8 hours
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 organic English cucumber, diced
- 2-3 organic green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup organic sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 bunch organic parsley, chopped
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa or bulgar wheat thoroughly. Heat the filtered water and add the quinoa or bulgar wheat. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to a salad bowl and let cool.
- Add the vegetables in the salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss.
Makes 4 to 6 servings