3 cups soy milk
2 Tbsp. sweetener of your choice
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
2 Tbsp. salt
4 cups unbleached white flour
2 cups soy flour
3-4 cups whole wheat flour
Soy oil for brushing
• Scald the soy milk, dissolve the sweetener in it, and cool to lukewarm. (See note in first bread recipe.)
• Sprinkle the yeast over the top, and let stand until the mixture starts foaming. Stir in the salt and white flour, and mix until smooth. Stir in the soy flour until smooth. Add the whole-wheat flour and knead on a well-floured surface until smooth. Cover and let rise until almost doubled in bulk.
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
• Punch down the dough and form 2 loaves or 16 buns.
• Cover and let rise again until almost doubled in bulk.
• Brush the tops with soy oil.
• Bake the loaves for about 45 minutes or the buns for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 2 loaves or 16 buns