Super-Simple Vegan One-Pot Tortilla SoupPrint
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup vegan chicken (we used Before the Butcher shredded
- 1–2 cups frozen corn
- 3–4 corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: lime wedges, chopped cilantro, avocado, vegan sour cream
- Place all the ingredients, except the tortillas and toppings, in a large pot, pressure cooker, Instant Pot, or other multicooker. If using a stovetop pot, simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes. If using a multicooker, set to high pressure and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tortillas in half and then into strips. Place on a sheet pan and bake at 450°F for 10 minutes, or until crunchy.
- Top the soup with the baked tortilla strips and desired toppings.
Makes about 8 to 10 servings