1 2-foot-long French-bread loaf
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 pkg. Tofurky vegan Italian sausage, crumbled
1/2 pkg. veggie pepperoni, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry, and chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tub Tofutti plain cream cheese
1 block Italian-style seasoned tofu, crumbled
1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan
1 block vegan mozzarella, grated
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• Preheat the oven to 425°F.
• Split the bread lengthwise, hollow each piece out, and cut in half horizontally, making 4 shells for the pizzas.
• Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium-to-high flame and brown the Tofurky sausage and the veggie pepperoni.
• Add the red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes and then add the spinach.
• Remove from the heat, season with the salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.
• Combine with the Tofutti cream cheese, the seasoned tofu, and the vegan parmesan and mix thoroughly.
• Spread the mixture into the bread shells.
• Top each pizza with the vegan mozzarella. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the “cheese” melts and the bread is super-crisp.
• Remove from the oven. Top with the oregano and the hot pepper flakes and serve.
Makes 4 French-bread pizzas