Strawberry ‘Cheesecake’ BitesPrint
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese (try Daiya or Tofutti!)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup crushed animal crackers
- Cut off the strawberries’ stems, then carve a hollow spot in each strawberry for the “cheesecake.”
- Using an electric mixer, beat the vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until nice and fluffy.
- Pour in a pastry bag,* then fill each strawberry with some of the mixture.
- Place the animal crackers in a sandwich bag and crush gently into crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the strawberries and voilà!
*For a DIY pastry bag, cut a hole in the bottom corner of a sandwich bag and gently pipe out the filling. If you don’t want to hollow out the strawberries, turn the “cheesecake” mixture into a creamy dip. Just submerge each strawberry in the “cheesecake” mixture, roll in the animal cracker crumbs, and enjoy!