Adapted and published with permission from Marco Borges
Squash and Quinoa Bowl with Lemon Cashew DressingPrint
- 2 yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 tsp. plus 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, soaked in 1/4 cup warm water for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can salt-free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Add the squash to the baking sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of the sea salt. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Blend the soaked cashews and water with the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoonful of the sea salt in a food processor or high-powered blender until creamy.
- In a large bowl, add the arugula, lettuce, tomatoes, quinoa, chickpeas, and squash. Top with the sliced avocado, remaining sea salt, black pepper, and parsley and drizzle with the dressing.
Find more vegan recipes at 22DaysNutrition.com.