3 cups cucumber water (using 6 cucumbers)
2 cups vine-ripened tomato water (using 8-9 tomatoes)
2 tsp. high-quality sea salt
1 cup coconut water (or filtered water)
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp. fresh chili, diced
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. flax oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup diced firm avocado
1/4 cup tart apple, diced small
1/4 cup vine-ripened tomato, diced small
2 Tbsp. finely shredded mint
2 Tbsp. dill feathers
• To release the natural water from the cucumbers and tomatoes, place into separate bowls. Slice the cucumbers thin and sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the salt.
• Massage the salt into the cucumbers until softened and releasing water.
• Chop the tomatoes and sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the salt.
• Massage the salt into the tomatoes until water is released. Strain off the liquid with a fine-mesh strainer and save for the broth. Store the pulp for a future dish.
• In high-speed blender, blend the cucumber and tomato waters with the coconut water, garlic, chili, lemon juice, flax oil, and cumin. Pour again through a fine strainer to prevent foam.
• In separate bowl, toss the avocado, apple, diced tomato, and mint together. Place a generous amount of the mixture in individual bowls.
• Pour the cucumber water soup over the avocado-and-apple mixture. Garnish with the fresh dill. Serve chilled.
Makes 4 to 6 servings