12 oz. dried spaghetti
1/3 cup virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed, caperberries are optional
12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
• Add a good pinch of salt, then the pasta, and cook until “al dente”, according to the timings on the package.
• While the spaghetti is cooking, slowly heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the capers, caperberries if using, olives, and lemon juice and cook for another 30 seconds.
• When the pasta is cooked, drain and return it to the warm pan. Add the caper mixture and parsley and toss well to coat.
• Add freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Makes 4 servings