1 cup dried soy beans
• Inspect soy beans and wash them 3 or 4 times.
• Soak in 2 to 3 cups of water overnight (or at least 8 to 10 hours). They should be soft, swollen and grindable. Again wash and inspect, removing any unswollen ones.
• Grind in a blender with 2 to 3 cups of water, then sieve through a very thin cloth, such as a sari or dhoti. Repeat this grinding and sieving process (adding 2 to 3 cups water each time) at least 6 times.
• In the earlier batches, the fluid is thick enough to make ice cream, but later batches start getting thinner. Use your judgement.
• Add 15 to 20 cloves and about 1 tsp. salt to taste.
• Bring it to a boil for about 15 minutes for texture, stirring with a large spatula to keep it from burning on the bottom.
• The milk stays good for a few days in the refrigerator.
Makes 12-15 cups milk