10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Vegetable oil for brushing the tortillas
2 ripe mangoes
1 cup cooked black beans
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
• Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, cut the tortillas into 2-inch circles.
• Brush both sides of each circle with vegetable oil and press the circles into miniature muffin tins. Bake the tortilla circles for 6 minutes or until they are crisp. Let cool.
• Peel the mangoes and dice them into 1/4-inch pieces.
• Combine the mangoes with the remaining ingredients and stir gently. Add additional lime juice, brown sugar, or salt, if needed.
• Place a heaping teaspoon of salsa into each corn cup.
Makes about 30 mini cups