1 cup water
1 Tbsp. shoyu (soy sauce)
1 lb. chicken-flavored soy strips
1/2 cup white sesame seeds
1/2 cup black sesame seeds
1 cup unbleached flour
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
• Combine the water and the soy sauce in a bowl. Add the “chicken” strips and moisten.
• In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
• In a separate bowl, combine the sesame seeds with the flour.
• Heat the canola oil in a large skillet. Dredge the “chicken” strips in the flour mixture until well coated and pan-fry each side until crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
• Serve with Carrot Ginger Sauce .
Makes 4 Servings