4 oz. parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
Olive oil for coating the parsnips
Chili powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Cumin, to taste
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup Vegenaise
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 tomato, diced
2 blue or yellow corn tortillas
1/2 avocado, sliced
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Boil the parsnips in water until soft but not falling apart. Drain and towel dry. Place in a bowl with the olive oil and toss to coat.
• Combine the chili powder, salt, black pepper, and cumin in a separate bowl. Add the parsnips and toss to coat. Remove and place on a baking sheet.
• Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly firm. Remove from the oven and let cool.
• Meanwhile, mix together the cabbage, Vegenaise, chipotle, onion, and tomato.
• Heat the tortillas in a flat skillet over medium-low heat. Place the parsnips in the center and top with cabbage mixture and avocado slices.
Makes 2 servings