Savory Mixed Greens and ‘Bacon’Print
- 1 pkg. Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb. collard greens, chopped
- 1/2 lb. mustard greens, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin slices
- In a pan, sauté the chopped “bacon” in the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the broth, water, liquid smoke, and seasoning in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the collard greens and cook for 10 minutes, then add the mustard greens, cover, and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Add the onions and “bacon” to the pot and cook covered for an additional 10 minutes, or until the greens are tender.