2 tsp. olive oil
3/4 cup red onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. chunky peanut butter
3 yams, cooked, peeled, and mashed
2 cups black beans, cooked and slightly mashed
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1 tsp. cinnamon
12 6-inch flour tortillas
2 Tbsp. vegetable margarine
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
4 Tbsp. cilantro
1 cup of your favorite salsa
• Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, or until tender. Add the peanut butter, yams, and black beans. Add the cumin, red pepper, and cinnamon. Cook until heated.
• To assemble, spread the bean mixture over the tortillas, tuck in the ends, and roll.
• Melt the vegetable margarine and combine with the maple syrup. Baste the tacos in the margarine mixture.
• Bake the tacos at 400°F for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
• Serve with the green onion, cilantro, and your favorite salsa.
Makes 6 servings