1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
50 g maida
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. oil
Cold water for kneading
• Sieve the wheat flour, maida and salt together in a bowl.
• Rub the oil into the flours, slowly add water and make a soft dough and keep it covered with a damp cloth for 30 minutes. (The dough should be very smooth and elastic.)
• Knead well again, divide the dough into 6 portions and shape them into round balls.
• Roll out each ball into a round disc, make a large, very thin circle 12 inches in diameter. It should be as thin as tissue.
• Heat an inverted griddle (upside down). Place the roti carefully on the inverted griddle. The roti takes less than 1 minute to cook. Once done, it should be folded like a handkerchief and served hot.