1 lb. fresh asparagus, tough stems removed
1 red onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 large red bell pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned and tough stems removed
1 tsp. garlic powder or granules
1 tsp. mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8-12 oz. pasta
2 tomatoes, diced (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 500°F.
• Break the asparagus into 1- to 2-inch pieces. • In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables and sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss to mix.
• Spread in a single layer in 1 or 2 large baking dishes. • Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender.
• Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
• Drain and rinse, then arrange on a large platter. Top with the roasted vegetables and the tomatoes.
Makes 8 servings