1 medium eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 small squash, sliced and then quartered
1/2 red onion, sliced
8 button mushrooms, quartered
2 carrots, sliced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
14 oz. uncooked whole wheat rotini, or your favorite pasta
• Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine all the chopped vegetables, then add the olive oil and toss to coat. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper and toss again until well coated.
• Pour the vegetables into a casserole or baking dish, cover with foil, and cook in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your vegetable pieces.
• Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. When done, drain and then place in a large mixing bowl.
• Add the cooked vegetables to the bowl and toss until well combined.
Makes 5 to 7 servings