For the Brussels Sprouts:
2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
1-2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Lightly coat the Brussels sprouts with the grapeseed oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
• Place cut-side down in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook until lightly browned. Flip and leave in the pan for about 30 seconds. Be careful not to overcook.
For the Pickled Ginger:
1 piece fresh ginger, peeled
Kosher salt sufficient to cover
Seasoned rice vinegar sufficient to cover
• Using a mandolin, slice the ginger into thin pieces.
• Cover with the kosher salt and let sit overnight.
• Rinse thoroughly to remove the salt.
• Cover with the rice vinegar and serve with the Brussels sprouts.
Makes 4 servings