4 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Boiling water sufficient to steam the potatoes
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 bunch kale, rinsed, torn into small pieces, and tough stems removed
2 Tbsp. water
5 tsp. soy sauce
• Steam the potatoes over the boiling water until just tender when pierced with a fork. Rinse with cold water, then drain and set aside.
• In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
• Add the cooked potatoes, black pepper, and paprika and cook over medium-high heat, gently turning with a spatula, for approximately 5 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to brown.
• Spread the kale across the top of the potato mixture, then sprinkle with the water and the soy sauce.
• Cover and cook, turning occasionally, for approximately 7 minutes, or until the kale is tender.
Makes 8 servings