Red Potatoes With KalePrint
- 4 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Boiling water sufficient to steam the potatoes
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed, torn into small pieces, and tough stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 5 tsp. soy sauce
- Steam the potatoes over the boiling water until just tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water, then drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes, black pepper, and paprika and cook over medium-high heat, gently turning with a spatula, for approximately 5 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to brown.
- Spread the kale across the top of the potato mixture, then sprinkle with the water and the soy sauce.
- Cover and cook, turning occasionally, for approximately 7 minutes, or until the kale is tender.
Makes 6 servings