3/4 cup fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup Earth Balance or other vegan margarine
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan and line with greased foil.
• In a food processor, purée the raspberries.
• In a bowl, combine the raspberry purée, the Florida Crystals, and the lemon juice and whisk until mixed. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes and remove from the heat. Whisk for 5 minutes and cool.
• Combine the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Using a pastry blender or your hands, incorporate the butter to form a crumbly mixture.
• Press 2 cups of the dry mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with the raspberry mixture, leaving a quarter-inch edge. Press the remaining dry mixture on top.
• Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Makes 12 servings