2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar or substitute sweetener
1 15-oz. can solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup raisins
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly oil a muffin pan.
• In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Add the pumpkin, water, and raisins and stir until just mixed.
• Spoon into the muffin pan, filling each cup to the top.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops bounce back when lightly pressed.
• Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes, then remove from the pan.
• When cool, store in an airtight container.
Makes 1 dozen muffins