- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Egg Replacer equivalent to 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan.
• In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
• In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, egg replacer, soy milk, vanilla, and spices. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the nuts.
• Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on a rack.
• Wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.