Potato Leek SoupPrint
- 4 leeks (white part only), cleaned and sliced
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 spring (green) onions, chopped, for garnish
- Place the leeks and potatoes in a large pot. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Add the bouillon cubes and spices, then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Divide the soup evenly among five bowls and garnish with onions.
Makes 5 servings