4 firm white peaches
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
3 Tbsp. berry jam
Vegan whipped cream for garnish
• Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the peaches and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and peel. Cut in half and remove the stone.
• In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the wine. Bring to a boil.
• Add the peaches and simmer for 30 minutes.
• Remove the peaches and continue to reduce the wine syrup until 1 cup is left. Add the berry jam and simmer for 5 minutes. Return the peaches to the syrup and refrigerate overnight.
• Serve the peaches with some of the wine syrup and a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
Makes 4 servings