For the Crust:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chilled unsalted margarine
2 Tbsp. plain soy milk
• Blend the first 4 ingredients in a food processor until the almonds are finely ground. Add the margarine and process until a coarse meal is formed. Add the soy milk and blend, forming a dough.
• Press into a greased 10-inch tart pan and pierce all over with a fork. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Crumble:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup packed almond paste (about 5 ounces)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tbsp. chilled unsalted margarine
1/4 cup sliced almonds
• Blend the first 3 ingredients in a food processor. Add the margarine and process until coarse crumbs form. Stir in the almonds. Set aside.
For the Filling:
2 1/4 lbs. plums (about 12), pitted and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. cornstarch
• Combine all the ingredients, stirring well.
• Spread 3/4 cup of the crumble mixture over the cooled crust.
• Spoon on the filling and top with the remaining crumble mixture.
• Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes, or until golden.
Makes 8 servings