For the Filling:
1 Tbsp. oil
1 big green pepper, chopped into 1-inch strips
1 big red pepper, chopped into 1-inch strips
1 big yellow pepper, chopped into 1-inch strips
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
For the “Quesadillas”:
Pepper filling prepared as above
2-3 cups grated nondairy cheddar cheese
1 cup refried beans
• Heat the oil. Stir in the peppers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
• Add the other remaining filling ingredients and stir well.
• Spread the pepper filling on each of the 4 tortillas.
• Add a generous layer of nondairy cheese to each.
• Cover each with another tortilla.
• Spread the refried beans over the top tortilla and spread generously with cheese.
• Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes at 375ºF.
• Serve hot with salsa on the side.
Makes 4 servings