3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. non-dairy margarine
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
1 1/2 cups finely chopped green pepper
1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp. pav bhaji masala
salt to taste.
1 1/2 cup mixed boiled vegetables (cauliflower, cabbage, french beans etc)
4-5 medium sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup boiled, crushed peas
1 cup water
1/2 a lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp. chili powder (optional)
1/4 cup fresh chopped coriander
A dollop of non-dairy margarine
1/2 onion, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped coriander
• Heat the oil and margarine.
• Add the garlic, ginger, onions and green pepper. Fry for 7-8 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes and cook for 6-7 minutes.
• Add the pav bhaji masala and salt and stir.
• Add all the boiled vegetables, peas and potatoes and mix properly.
• Cook for 5 minutes after mixing. Add water if required to get the desired consistency.
• Add the lemon juice and chili powder.
• Taste and adjust the pav bhaji masala to your taste.
• Lastly add half of the coriander and stir well.
• Shift into a serving dish.
• Garnish with a dollop of butter in the center and sprinkle chopped onions and coriander.
• Serve hot with hot buttered bread (Pav).
For the Bread (Pav):
8 soft buns
• Take a bun, cut it in to half. Butter the pieces and toast them in a hot pan till both the sides are done. Serve hot with the bhaji.
Makes 4 servings