Adapted and published with permission from Marco Borges
Pasta Puttanesca with Summer SquashPrint
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil or water
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1 can salt-free cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tsp. roughly chopped olives
- Optional: salt, pepper, and chili pepper flakes, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a pan with a lid, sauté the squash in the olive oil for a few minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Add the marinara sauce, garlic, and Italian seasoning blend. Cover and cook for 1 minute then add the beans and cook until warmed through.
- Combine the pasta with the squash mixture and top with the capers and chopped olives and the salt, pepper, and chili pepper flakes, if using.
Find more vegan recipes at 22DaysNutrition.com.