One-Pot Vegan JambalayaPrint
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce (try Annie’s)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup vegan chick’n, cut into small pieces
- 4 vegan sausages, sliced (try Cajun-Style Artisan Tofurky Andouille Sausages)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and tomatoes. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, oregano, and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and add the rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more broth if necessary.
- When the rice is almost done, stir in the mushrooms, vegan chick’n and sausage. Cook until heated through and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings