1 cup all-purpose biscuit baking mix
1/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
3/4 cup Silk Creamer and 1/2 cup corn syrup mixed together
3/4 cup Hershey’s syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup hot water
Whipped topping or soy ice cream (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease an 8-inch-square baking pan.
• Combine the baking mix and the cocoa in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the creamer/corn syrup mixture, 1/4 cup of the Hershey’s syrup, and the vanilla until blended and spoon evenly into the greased pan.
• Then put the rest of the creamer/corn syrup combo, the remaining 1/2 cup syrup, and the water in a small bowl and pour the liquid mixture carefully over the mixture in the pan, but do not stir. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set and the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
• Let stand for 10 minutes and spoon into dessert dishes, spooning the chocolate “mud puddle” from the bottom of the pan over the top.
• Serve warm with whipped topping or soy ice cream. Be sure to cover and refrigerate any leftovers … actually, you can disregard that because there won’t be any leftovers!
Makes 6 to 8 servings