1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. plus 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup plus 2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups hot water
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. of cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
• Stir in the soy milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla until just combined.
• Spread into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
• In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and the brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of the cake, then pour the hot water on top.
• Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
Makes 8 to 10 servings