For the Mint Simple Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
7 sprigs fresh mint
• In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
• Pour into a container with the mint sprigs and refrigerate, covered, until cool.*
For the Julep:
2 sprigs fresh mint
2 oz. bourbon whiskey
• Gently crush 3 mint leaves in the bottom of a chilled glass.
• Fill half full with crushed ice. Add 1 Tbsp. of the mint simple syrup and top with more crushed ice. Add the bourbon whiskey. Stir rapidly with a spoon to frost the outside of the cup.
• Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Makes 1 serving
*Note: The simple syrup makes enough for 16 servings and will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks.