Mac and ‘Cheese’–Stuffed PeppersPrint
- 1 cup dried macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese (try Daiya brand)
- 1 Tbsp. vegan margarine (try Earth Balance brand)
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. mustard (try Follow Your Heart Vegan Honey Mustard)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 bell pepper, halved and seeded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Add the dried macaroni and cook according to the package instructions. Strain, then transfer back to the pot.
- Stir in the shredded vegan cheddar cheese, vegan margarine, nondairy milk, and mustard. Season with the salt and pepper and continue mixing until the vegan margarine and “cheese” has melted.
- Fill each pepper half with half of the cooked mac and “cheese.”
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.