For the French Dressing:
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Place all the ingredients in a bottle and shake vigorously to mix.
For the Salad:
2 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
1/3 cup cabbage, finely julienned (about 1 inch long)
1/3 cup carrots, finely julienned (about 1 inch long)
1/3 cup green pepper, finely julienned (about 1 inch long)
1/3 cup French Dressing (see recipe)
1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
1/2 cup boiled kidney beans
1 tsp. chili flakes (optional)
1 Tbsp. chopped coriander
1 cup salted croutons
• Spread a thin layer of the vegan mayonnaise on the bottom of a small, transparent bowl.
• Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cabbage, carrots, and green pepper. Spoon 1/2 of the French Dressing on top. Sprinkle on the remaining cabbage, carrots, and green pepper. Spread the remaining dressing on top.
• Layer the chickpeas followed by the kidney beans.
• Garnish with the chili flakes, coriander, and croutons. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings