4 tsp. baking powder
4 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. Earth Balance vegan margarine, melted and cooled
2-3 Tbsp. soy milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup unbleached flour
1/8 tsp. salt
Vegetable oil sufficient to coat a saucepan
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking powder and the water, then add the sugar. Whisk in the melted margarine, soy milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
• Add the flour and the salt and whisk until smooth and thin, adding soy milk if necessary.
• Heat an 8 or 9-inch saucepan over medium heat until hot. Reduce the heat to medium- low and brush lightly with the vegetable oil.
• Ladle 3 to 4 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt or rotate to form a 5 or 6-inch circle.
• Return to the heat and cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, or until set and the underside is golden brown. Gently flip with a metal spatula and cook until golden brown.
• Remove from the heat and slide the crêpe onto your work surface. Quickly roll into a cone shape while still hot. Squeeze the tip to seal. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 1 dozen